arena breakout infinite

Welcome to Our Blogspot

Find various articles that suit your interests!

The Missing Package

The air in Port Aster doesn't just smell like ozone and rusted iron; it tastes like bad decisions. I was sitting in the corner of The Rusty Coil, nursing a lukewarm synth-coffee, when my comms pinged with a priority alert from Lena Voss. Lena doesn't send "hello" messages. She sends jobs that usually involve dodging Helix Meridian patrols and praying your boots don’t give out on a fire escape.

This job was supposed to be a simple "grab and dash" in the Sector 4 industrial ruins. A high-value package, left in a locker at the old transit hub. Easy money. The kind of money that buys a new optic for my rifle and maybe a week of peace in the safe zones. But when I reached the locker, the lock was already melted through, and the package was gone. Instead, there was a single, matte-black hard drive sitting in the dust.

Ghost in the Machine

Back at the workshop, Tomo Ark didn't even look up from his soldering iron when I tossed the drive on his workbench. He’s the only guy in Port Aster who can fix a drone with a paperclip and a prayer, but he’s also got a habit of ignoring social cues. That changed the moment he plugged the drive into his rig.

"Kai," he said, his voice dropping an octave. "You need to see this."

I leaned over his shoulder. The footage was grainy, flickering with the kind of interference you only get from high-end jamming gear. It showed a figure moving through the Sector 4 transit hub with surgical precision. The runner was fast, tactical, and utterly ruthless. They took down a Helix security drone with a clean shot to the sensor array, bypassed the security gate, and pulled a package from a locker. When they turned toward the camera, I felt the blood drain from my face. It was me. Wearing my gear. Using my signature sidearm. The problem? I hadn't been in Sector 4 for three months. I was in a crowded bar in the safe zone when this recording was timestamped.

The Helix Shadow

Rhea Knox warned me once that in Port Aster, you’re only as good as the secrets you don't know. She’s a veteran who’s seen enough runners get chewed up by the city’s grinding gears to know when to keep her head down. When I caught up with her near the docks, she barely glanced my way.

"Helix Meridian isn't just guarding tech anymore, Kai," she muttered, lighting a cigarette. "They’re experimenting with data echoes. Digital ghosts. If you’re seeing yourself in places you’ve never been, you’ve either got a clone or a target painted on your back that you can’t see. My advice? Dump the drive and get out of the city for a while."

I wanted to take her advice. I really did. But the curiosity—that stupid, dangerous itch that keeps a runner alive just long enough to get themselves killed—was already taking hold. If someone—or something—was running missions in my likeness, they were using my reputation to open doors I didn't even know existed.

The Cost of Curiosity

As I walked back through the flickering neon haze of the lower districts, I felt the weight of the drive in my pocket. It felt heavier than it should have. Every shadow seemed to stretch toward me, and the rhythmic hum of Helix surveillance drones overhead sounded a little more like a heartbeat than a machine.

I made it back to my safehouse, but the door was already cracked open. Nothing was taken, but my gear locker had been rearranged. Everything was exactly where it was supposed to be, except for one thing: a note, printed on official Helix Meridian stationery, left right on my pillow.

It was a single line of code, followed by a set of coordinates for a place in the Dead Zone that hasn't been mapped in years. They knew I had the drive. They knew I was looking. And they were inviting me to see exactly how deep the rabbit hole went.

I looked at the drive, then at my rifle. The "Missing Package" wasn't the data on the chip. The package was me. How much of my life is actually mine, and how much is just a script written by someone in a high-rise office at Helix Meridian?

I guess there’s only one way to find out. But if I don't make it back from those coordinates, Tomo, do me a favor: wipe the drive. Don't let them add me to the collection.